• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS adjustment help?!?!?

Hoxman

Hey everyone!

Two things;
(1) I am working on getting a replacement core for the cab heater (not for me in FL, but if I ever sell it someone might need it). If I am successful on obtaining a "fit" I will post pics and contact info.
(2) I have had a small issue with the CTIS system....

It is not "calibrated" correctly... I have super singles on it and when it says 45 psi for highway, the tires are at approx 34-35 psi...
It is the same for all other settings... down 10 psi or so from what the reading says...

The problem.... When I had to put it down to MUD/SAND/SNOW pressure, which is supposed to be 20-22 psi, it dropped it down to 9-10 psi and I couldn't get it to reinflate the tires so we had to do it manually... Now that I put them up to 45 psi and turned it back on again, it is set for highway and it took the tires down to 34-35 psi...
Is there a way to reset/recalibrate it to correct for the tires that it has and so it leaves the pressure where it should be???

Thanks!
-Hox

Rustygears

The pressure sensor is on the central CTIS manifold located behind the battery box under the truck. All 6 tires are connected together which means that they should equalize and the pressure of all 6 is measured off the common line at the manifold.

I'm not aware of any cal or adjustment for the sensor. My suspicion is that you may have a leaky line, common on the A3 CTIS system. The CTIS will not/cannot inflate tires that are below 20 psi.

Hoxman

Hey,

Thanks for the quick response!

We did check the system and luckily it is working fine with no leaks (yet)... Even with leaving it idle (not turned on) for weeks....

It inflates and deflates well, but it doesn't put the tires to the correct pressure (according to the readout)..
Highway 45psi is 34-35 psi
XCountry 33psi is 22-23 psi
etc. etc..

So, I was hoping we could turn a screw in the back of the controller to fix it (or calibrate it) to inflating to the actual readout pressures....

:(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks