• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS banjo bolt seal

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coach, I was having difficulty finding a bolt that is not drilled for plugging my spare tire CTIS. I suppose I could find a shoulder bolt, but the army uses a blank banjo bolt. I guess this may be a minor hijack but near to on topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The TM (9-2320-366-24P-1) for the M1083 shows a bolt for the CTIS spare tire on Fig. 207 (2 of 2) number 32.

Part #: B1821BH063F150N SCREW, CAP, HEXAGON H 5/8-18 X 1 1/2 (Spare Tire Only)

NSN: 5305-00-727-2283

Here is a website that has them but you have to buy a package of 20 @ $1.98 each.

Fastenal show a part number of, 9940224. The most right column of numbers, 10th up from the bottom.

I think this is what your look for...maybe/maybe not???

Last edited:

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM (9-2320-366-24P-1) for the M1083 shows a bolt for the CTIS spare tire on Fig. 207 (2 of 2) number 32.

Part #: B1821BH063F150N SCREW, CAP, HEXAGON H 5/8-18 X 1 1/2 (Spare Tire Only)

NSN: 5305-00-727-2283

Here is a website that has them but you have to buy a package of 20 @ $1.98 each.

Fastenal show a part number of, 9940224. The most right column of numbers, 10th up from the bottom.

I think this is what your look for...maybe/maybe not???
The CTIS valve on the spare tire uses a SOLID bolt and nut for storage to hold the seal washers and keep out dirt and debris. That is NOT the banjo bolt that is needed when installing on the truck for service.

ramdough

The CTIS valve on the spare tire uses a SOLID bolt and nut for storage to hold the seal washers and keep out dirt and debris. That is NOT the banjo bolt that is needed when installing on the truck for service.
Is it a standard bolt or a slick banjo bolt that is not drilled.

87cr250r

A standard bolt will work.

87cr250r

If you're using a nut and bolt you're going to need to use a capped or acorn nut otherwise air can leak along the threads of the nut. A new nylock nut may also seal sufficiently well.

ramdough

If you're using a nut and bolt you're going to need to use a capped or acorn nut otherwise air can leak along the threads of the nut. A new nylock nut may also seal sufficiently well.
I am just wanting to keep water and dust out of my spares. But, that would do a better job of sealing if the threads are in the sealing washer.

coachgeo

I am just wanting to keep water and dust out of my spares. But, that would do a better job of sealing if the threads are in the sealing washer.

shrink tube. Folk do that over electronic boards in RC cars etc. while hot pinch the end with tweasers or something to melt the end shut. With that in mind you might can heat up a PVC tube ... while hot.... screw it on to thread it. the PVC glue a pipe cap on that. or mayyybe; if you can find a way to hold a hot PVC part, head and thread a PVC cap onto it

something like this

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks