• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS - Blowing oil

Camoguy

When I turn on the CTIS it starts bypassing/purging air out this tube along with gear oil. I also believe the drive line may be locked/stuck on front axle. The truck wines loudly when up to speed. Any thoughts? I think I have addressed all my air leaks this seems to be my last ctis problem🤞

Attachments

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
What’s your fluid level in the front diff, and both front hubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
When my truck deflated air from the front, it blows out of that hose, and I’m thinking your hub seals may be shot

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Also, you can blow a little air out of your valve stem on LF and RF Tires to see if oil blows out of the valve, if it does it’s time to dig in

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Okay, sounds like CTIS hub seals are toast. I believe the job is straight forward, only struggle may be setting CTIS hub seals proper depth like the old m939a2 trucks

Camoguy

Ugh😢 not familiar with those either. Any way nothing to it but to do it. Anyone know the part numbers needed for the correct seals? I have been searching... I have not called oshkosh yet.

Camoguy

Update, I have called Oshkosh twice now with no luck. I used what I thought was the civilian contact line for parts and service based off another thread on this site. I get transferred as if I reached the correct department but there is No response to my messages. You guys know a better source for these hub seals?

737Driver

Can I get an update on your hub rebuild??? Mine smells like gear oil inside the cab when it gets heated up on a long trip. Every time it spurts air for the CTiS system the cab gets a gear oil smell for a few minutes. I’ve been checking the oil levels in hubs never low. But I’ve changed a few tires and found gear oil in the tire and inside some of ctis valving! How was your hub rebuild? Did you find any thing messed up inside?

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not super familiar with MTVR but I would check the axle vents. Mine were plugged on an FMTV and it caused the same ctis issue

lighten

Where is the CTIS suppose to dump air when it is deflating the tires? I have seen air come out the same hose as the #1 post picture by radiator, and also out of a large tube behind the cab by the trans fill tube were other vents are. Is this correct operation?

DeMilitarized

Where is the CTIS suppose to dump air when it is deflating the tires? I have seen air come out the same hose as the #1 post picture by radiator, and also out of a large tube behind the cab by the trans fill tube were other vents are. Is this correct operation?
There are some valves by the frame rail should be one per axle called the qr1 valve that all the air dumps through

lighten

There are some valves by the frame rail should be one per axle called the qr1 valve that all the air dumps through
So i have some hub seal problems? It only blows air out said tubes when deflating the tires. One would think it would do it when inflating also, i dont think it does inflating then. I have never had a hub apart so i may be wrong?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks