• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ctis hose

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just replaced all 4 hoses on my rear CTIS (M931A2). My local Parker outlet had exact replacement hose in stock, not too expensive:

• Parker 293-6 Airbrake Hose
  • Braided
  • 8mm (5/16")
  • SAE J1402
  • 500psi

Have fun cutting it, it has a thin metal braided layer underneath the outer braided nylon layer (so did the original hoses I replaced). I used a metal cut-off blade, nice clean cuts all the way through.

When removing the old hoses from the metal ends, after you remove the outer lock nut, the inner insert (the metal threaded tube that goes on the inside of the hose end) has reverse threads, so turn opposite to remove the hose. Once I broke mine loose, I used my hands to unwind them from the insert tubes.

HTH, good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks