• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS issue

wgr4

Air has been leaking out of my front service glad hand and we replaced the tractor valve and three check valves and now when I release the parking brake there is an intermittent noise coming out from below the fuse box and there is a clicking noise and a green light flashing on lower left side of dash indicator pad CTIS light. What is going on?

decafe

I would say air leak somewhere. I just replace the rubber gromets on the glad handles front and rear 2 of them had a weird wear pattern I'm thinking either came loose during transport or were secured right cause one side to rub . Follow noise with a spray bottle of soap water spray and look for bubbles .

wgr4

I have checked for leaks and the only thing that I can hear is something coming from under the fuse box. I swapped out the CTIS controller and now the green dash light is out (CTIS Overspeed) but all of the lights on the CTIS controller are illuminated and the front tires do not seem to be taking on air.

deshet

What made you switch out the CTIS controller?
Did you get the problem fixed?
I believe that mine may have over inflated the system and blow out a tire.
I disconnected the system after that.

wgr4

I had an extra unit and we replaced the tractor valve and check valves and the CTIS over speed dash light would not go out and the tires were in run flat mode. We switched the controller and it took a while for the system to reset but all seems to be working well now.