• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ctis on a m35a3

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's good insight. Thank you. One more question...When I disconnected the ctis cm there's 2 ground wires that screw into the back side of the terminal. One ground comes from somewhere in the truck. The other ground wire is about 6 inches long and is just independent/ by itself. I forgot the configuration when I went to put it back together. Does the independent wire attach to the same terminal on the back side of the cm as the ground wire coming from the truck?
You are correct. Facing the rear of the mobilizer control, on the upper right is a screw that has both ground wires attached. One ground wire goes into the wiring harness and on to somewhere else. The second ground wire, the short ~6 inch ground wire, exits out the left side of the mounting bracket near the bottom of the bracket and is attached to the dash panel steel with a bolt. If you need photos, I can take a photo for you tomorrow.

Jeffval

You are correct. Facing the rear of the mobilizer control, on the upper right is a screw that has both ground wires attached. One ground wire goes into the wiring harness and on to somewhere else. The second ground wire, the short ~6 inch ground wire, exits out the left side of the mounting bracket near the bottom of the bracket and is attached to the dash panel steel with a bolt. If you need photos, I can take a photo for you tomorrow.
That's great! A photo would be nice. Does the ground wire going to somewhere else attach to the same screw head as the 6 inch wire? I ask because there's 2 screws on the back side of the control module. I was thinking the 2 scenarios would be the one listed above or each wire gets attached to a seperate screw head. I'm sorry I forgot when I went to reassemble it. I should've took a picture, which lasts longer.

Jeffval

That's great! A photo would be nice. Does the ground wire going to somewhere else attach to the same screw head as the 6 inch wire? I ask because there's 2 screws on the back side of the control module. I was thinking the 2 scenarios would be the one listed above or each wire gets attached to a seperate screw head. I'm sorry I forgot when I went to reassemble it. I should've took a picture, which lasts longer.
Well, that's great. Currently, I do not have it hooked up correctly. Hopefully the control module will work properly when I do get the proper configuration. Otherwise I'll just have to order a new one. Thanks so much!

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks