• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS Seal Help!!

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FMTV Hub removal CTIS Seal Help!!

Trying to get my hub off and it is stuck on. I have removed everything I can see including the small spring clip. What am I missing?IMG_0693.jpgIMG_0694.jpg

Last edited:

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha yes, I did pack the rear side bearings. The bigger they are, the easier they are to load with grease. New seals are in, hub is ready to go on, and being near Seattle, hear comes the rain.... well at least it gives me time to blow out the oil on the ctis lines. Seal failure caused my hub oil to eject out the ctis exhaust

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I first got the hub apart, I was a bit confused as I thought both sides were oil bath lubed. So when the back bearing came out greasy, I had to really look at things and realized that rear were greased and sealed from the front. I wonder why they didn't just drill some oil passages from the front to the back and oil bath all the bearings? Tomorrow I will add more photos as I put it all back together so those who haven't opened up their hubs can see what's inside.

Also so I was really shocked at how loose the axle nut was.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks