• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS...soo close to working properly

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine runs about 7PSI when deflating. 5.5 seems a bit low and closing in on the point where the wheel valves close… If you held a little pressure on that relief with your fingertip, you should see an increase in that deflate pressure…
Big IF is if the pressure sensor is accurate.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Have you rebuilt your wheel valves? Biggest issue is the filters in them causing an imbalance due to being nasty. Also, kinked hoses. Balance is the key, especially with deflation. If you think this might be the issue, try just removing all your filters in the wheel valves to make sure flow is no restricted at all either way. But don't leave it that way.

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you rebuilt your wheel valves? Biggest issue is the filters in them causing an imbalance due to being nasty. Also, kinked hoses. Balance is the key, especially with deflation. If you think this might be the issue, try just removing all your filters in the wheel valves to make sure flow is no restricted at all either way. But don't leave it that way.

Yes I've rebuilt them all now. Fair amount of corrosion although it completely came off with a brass wire wheel, but all filters looked pristine. Did the soapy spray and no apparent leaks now.

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well you could unscrew the pressure sensor, connect a low pressure gauge and manually run a deflate with jumpers and see what pressure the relief holds the system at like I do on my manual system to monitor tire pressure…
Tried tonight but there is a pressure spike that was blowing the hose off so I need to change the setup a little to take that spike. I did push on the relief valve to increase the pressure and the quick release started making a very loud whistle. Can't imagine that is correct.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Yes I've rebuilt them all now. Fair amount of corrosion although it completely came off with a brass wire wheel, but all filters looked pristine. Did the soapy spray and no apparent leaks now.
I have had filters look perfect, but still restrict a lot of flow from oil residue. I couldn't tell you why... it forms a clear slime? If when you rebuilt them you didn't do the air filters, I'd really look at that from my experience.

Ronmar

Tried tonight but there is a pressure spike that was blowing the hose off so I need to change the setup a little to take that spike. I did push on the relief valve to increase the pressure and the quick release started making a very loud whistle. Can't imagine that is correct.
No that sounds about right. Should be just a loud honkish whoosh. The more you push on that relief, the higher the pressure in the manifold should be, which would lessen/slow the dump whoosh because the pressure would be closer to the tire pressure... as the dump port closes, it can make some different sounds(ever play a trumpet or bugle:))…

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found out that the sensor is reading correctly. So I took apart the relief valve put in a slightly larger o-ring that seals on the surface a little better it seems, and also burned off the adhesive on the adjuster screw and tightened it up a bit to add more spring pressure. Now I'm getting a reading of 8.5 PSI relief, I was only able to do one deflate but the computer didn't complain this time.
20231010_093645.jpg

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to know it's that sensitive. Something I'll watch for in future diags. Haven't run into that problem yet with any of the PCU's I've encountered.
It's states in the spicer manual troubleshooting this error, if the relief pressure is "within 1 PSI". Of course who knows what the true target is and also the allowable variance.

Reworked LMTV

The brass relief would be the place I would look. When it starts a deflate cycle you should get an initial woosh out of the relief as it vents pressure down to its set pressure(~6.5psi). It will then vent air slow and steady as it purges the air being fed back from the dump valves to maintain that releif pressure inside the manifold...

As with any testing, it is easier to manually control the PCU solenoids with jumpers at the controller connector to monitor PCU operation and look for leaks.

With everything pressurized energizing the dump sol should get a brief woosh from the reliefe and loud steady woosh from the dumps..
Sorry break into this discussion. You seem very knowledgeable on CTIS. I have humming noise coming from the diaphragm area of a front tire's CTIS hardware. The tire looses some air. Can I assume this is likely a faulty diaphragm?

Reworked LMTV

I have heard of people finding those. Would kind of tend to interfere with the deflate cycle on that tire I think:)
How does the Spicer PCU control the steers vs the rears? Multiposition solenoid? I can get the fronts to dump with pressurizing the deflate line with air, but not the rears.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks