• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS Trouble

rwoods

My CTIS does not air up right front tire; left front works fine. I have air at hub connection but no air at wheel stud. From the TM I don't see anything which should obstruct the air flow. :idea:I'm thinking about unhooking line at hub and blowing air backward through wheel stud. :?:Am I about to make a mistake that I'll regret? M35A3. Thanks, Ron Woods

Jones

As long as you disconnect the hub line so you don't blow crap back into the system you should be fine.
After blowing out the line backwards, try blowing out the line in the direction of air flow for inflation.
I've seen more than one line delaminate on the inside so that the loose flap will inflate on it's own and block the line.
And usually, the defective line looks fine on the outside.

I'm assuming that you've already set the CTIS to inflate that tire then gone around and cracked lines to make sure system air is getting to the hub; then from the hub, on towards the tire?

Last edited:

rwoods

Thanks. I discovered the problem first by taking line loose at the stud. All of the rest will blow air then register a flat. This one didn't so I took line apart at the front axle; line blows air and CTIS registers a flat. Reconnected but still no air to stud. I have to buy some fittings to blow back through. I'll let you know later if it worked. If it does and nothing comes out then I'm guessing the line needs replacing. Air lines are all dated 1996. Thanks, again for confirming my thought process.

Any idea besides creating a breaking point that the air lines all terminate with plastic fittings instead of brass like all the fittings in the middle? I don't have a local source for the plastic fittings other than Lowes and their wrench surface is very small. If I can't figure it out, I'll stick to Uncle Sam's design even though I'll have to order fittings over the web. Ron Woods

rwoods

I appreciate the website info. Interesting stuff. It would be nice to have a set of the CTIS wheels.

I plumbed the stud with a quick connect hose fitting and attached the compressor hose directly to it. Unfortunately, it didn't free anything even at 120 psi. Tried it three times and it just held the air - nothing out the hub side. I hate the thought of tearing into it to replace the hose, but right now I can't think of any other reason for the blockage.

Thanks again for your help.

Ron Woods

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks