• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUC in the MUCK!

1stgear

It's a rainy day here in Southwest Georgia. The first in quite some time. I decided to take the CUC out after lunch and go down a stretch of dirt road. We still have a lot of dirt roads here. What a blast!! She was slingin' red clay everywhere. I thought I was going to have to put 'er in 4WD going up one long hill. It was like driving on ice. Glad I didn't have to get out of the truck and lock the hubs cause I was in my dress clothes. LOL!

1stgear

Okay, you made me go out in the rain. There's only about 1/8 of the mud left on the truck. It's still caked pretty good inside the rear bumper, but these pics are lame if you ask me. LOL! I had 10 wet miles of HWY to drive to get back to work & that washed most of the good stuff off. Enjoy.

What's a CUC? Whachu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided to take the CUC out after lunch
What's a CUC? Whachu talkin' 'bout, Willis?
Acronym Definition
CUC Canadian Ultimate Championships
CUC Canadian Unitarian Council
CUC Canadian University College (College Heights, Alberta, Canada)
CUC Caribbean Utilities Company
CUC Cayman Utility Company
CUC CCSDS Unsegmented Time Code
CUC Central Utility Complex
CUC Centre UNESCO de Catalunya
CUC Chassis Utilization Charge (shipping)
CUC Chronic Ulcerative Colitis
CUC Claremont University Consortium (California)
CUC Columbia Union College (Takoma Park, MD, USA)
CUC Comité de Unidad Campesina (Spanish: Committee for Campesino Unity, Guatemala)
CUC Command Upconverter (satellite communications)
CUC Committee of University Chairmen
CUC Common User Contract(or)
CUC Commonwealth Utilities Corporation
CUC Communication University of China
CUC Computer Usage Control (NASA)
CUC Concordia University Chicago
CUC Conseil pour l'Unité Canadienne (Council for Canadian Unity)
CUC Cuban Convertible Peso (ISO currency code)
CUC Cucuta, Colombia - Camilo Daza (Airport Code)
CUC Cisco Unified Communications
CUC Cisco Unity Connection

CUCV
The Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle or CUCV Program was instituted to provide the United States military with a cheaper vehicle to augment the purpose-built, but expensive, Gama Goats and Humvees then coming into service. It initially provided Dodge D Series and then Chevrolet C/Ks with several military modifications. All were phased out sooner than expected due to their inability to endure the hardships that the purpose built vehicles could. The vehicle has five basic configurations; cargo, utility, ambulance, shelter carrier, and chassis. The vehicles were purchased in the late 1970s and early 1980s from Chrysler Corporation, Dodge Division, and in the late 1980s from General Motors.

but these pics are lame if you ask me. LOL!
As for the pics, You call that mud? :oops:

btw, I do know that wet Georgia clay, is as slippery as Vaseline!(don't ask)

AJMBLAZER

Ugh...go wash it now. These things rust bad due to all the hidden spots GM made that mud can get packed into and then just sit there and cause the rot.

1stgear

OK Glad somebody else allready asked about the waxed/shiny paint.
Cause I had an idiot who painted it and added some clearcoat to the paint. The color is too light as well. I'll be repainting it with 383 CARC sometime in the next couple of weeks. You know the old saying, If you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks