• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV 1008,1009, 1028 prices.

2deuce

Location is always important, but as a general rule, what are they going for these days, for one with no body cancer? I've checked CL in the PNW, with zero results, for any condition. I have a M1028, I'm thinking of selling, I want to get as much as possible, and can wait.
Asking for advice here where so many guys remembering prices during the active CUCV surplus years, may tend to hold down current value ideas, but I appreciate your thoughts.
I saw a M1009 on Ebay bid to almost 20k, and not meet reserve, but it looked dolled up, something I don't have, or would want.

Thanks

2deuce

I'm not up to date on vehicle prices these days, let alone CUCV prices. Except to know vehicles are way up compared to the pre-covid covid era. I tried to find anything listed on CL that was comparable without any luck. I saw one upgraded M1009 with M1008 running gear along with M1102 trailer for 23k.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve been seeing here in Pa anywhere from 4-20k.
Of course there are outliers, always will be. Always the rot boxes that are worth the axles and that’s about it-to over restored over priced trucks that are unlikely to actually sell at that (though a fool and his money are soon parted). I stand by my thoughts for average trucks in average condition

2deuce

I've been occasionally checking CL locally, and now expanded to adjacent states, but haven't seen anything. Either they sell quickly, and I've been missing them, or everyones holding on to them. I used to see some M1009's driving around, but not too many pickups. I haven't seen anything running in a couple years now.

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been occasionally checking CL locally, and now expanded to adjacent states, but haven't seen anything. Either they sell quickly, and I've been missing them, or everyones holding on to them. I used to see some M1009's driving around, but not too many pickups. I haven't seen anything running in a couple years now.
I’m not sure people are using Craigslist much anymore. For better or worse it’s Facebook marketplace, and a search in my area within 500 miles of PA shows maybe 2 dozen or more right now. Everywhere from $4k for beaters to $22.5k for fully restored. The median seems to be the $10-12k list pice.

nyoffroad

I sold one cheap about a year ago, let it go for $5,000 but the bed supports were starting to go and the cab corners and rockers popping it also had about 100,000 miles on it but ran great. I have a civvie Blazer that I turned down $12500. for it. Price can be hard to set , hope you get what you want.

Keith_J

That sounds like a good deal especially if the generator works on your M1031. One of the requirements for the vehicles donated to fire depts is that they should be painted the colors of that accepting fire dept. Which is usually red.
I've only inspected 4 M1031 SECMs, all had some system issues with many being original install mistakes. Doesn't help the manuals are still restricted.
Thankfully most components are quite durable. The generator needs to spin at 1800 RPM to get both 60 Hz and full voltage (no AVR, rotor current is from output load). PTO gearing plus cog belt ratio means the engine only spins around 1400 RPM. Fortunately, all have had the actuator adjusted which prevents sufficient throttle to spin the generator more than 2000 RPM unloaded.
The photo below shows how I adjusted the actuator arm for more throw. There is trigonometry involved in the mechanism..gain had to be turned way down as the generator was hunting. The angle between the pushrod and actuator arm was about 15°, this meant the maximum angle was 50° at full throw. As I adjusted, the base angle is now 45°, meaning full throw is now 80°. The push rod is shortened so there is minimal slop with governor off and engine warm.
20220911_202138.jpg

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can’t seem to find anything in the Texas area at any price. Have also been looking for a 1009 to add to our collection for over a year. Not finding anything other than rotted basket cases.

Keith_J

All vehicles are in short supply. And those with vehicles are testing the market with inflated prices as the future is concerned.

There is an expanding market for vehicles without OBD ports, GPS tracking and Wi-Fi. It only takes one story of a vehicle being disabled because someone didn't accept terms of service on software.

Think I'm stretching? Try changing oil in a modern vehicle and leave it just a tiny bit low. You will get a call. OK, they are only looking out for warranty purposes.

C130guy

Starting to see a lot more squarebodies in movies and shows. Wouldn't be surprised if the price jumps have something to do with all the retro fads going on too. I got lucky and found my M1009 on the side of the road for $2800 last year. Had the typical metal cancer to it so not a screaming deal but I'm happy with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks