• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV 1008 Will not start

sporanox

Cold up here, but it will not start. Cranks over fine, new glow plugs last summer. Fully charge battery. The glow plug lights come on fine. I sprayed WD-40 and Starting Fluid(yes I know it is a bad thing to do) just to try to get it to kick over, but nothing. It just keep cranking until I run out of juice from the battery. Thanks

Gripy

How cold? Is your fuel winterized? Are you getting fuel pressure at the filter? Bad ip? You need fuel air and heat for engines to work. You are missing one or more of these. Tons of help if you search.

sporanox

Start

How cold? Is your fuel winterized? Are you getting fuel pressure at the filter? Bad ip? You need fuel air and heat for engines to work. You are missing one or more of these. Tons of help if you search.
If the fuel line was frozen, wouln't still start with WD-40 or starting fluid. It has been below 20 here.

Squid in a CUCV

Try cycling the glow plugs 2 to 3 times, pump the skinny pedal while cranking. Mine fired up in -14* weather and I have cracked heads and 2 possibly 3 bad GP's. Crack open your fuel filter to see if it has pressure.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read and follow the -20TM where it says cranks but does not start.

Test your GPs.

southdave

Charge battery need like 12.4 ish volt to crank mine over ... used to need 25 volts with 24 volt system. Be careful not over load cyl with fuel hydro lock will hurt you.. check your starter and bat. Cables too

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since this thread is a almost a year old I hope he got his truck running. ;-). It would be nice when people ask for help that they post an outcome of the situation.

As Southdave said always check your batteries, cables, starter and make sure no hydro lock.

sporanox

Update

Since this thread is a almost a year old I hope he got his truck running. ;-). It would be nice when people ask for help that they post an outcome of the situation.

As Southdave said always check your batteries, cables, starter and make sure no hydro lock.
When it warmed up the issue went away. Over the summer I installed a block heater and have my 911 mix in as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks