• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV 15" Wheel Options...

rhinob

I'm currently searching for a set of 15" wheels for my M1009 as I have put my winter tires (Firestone Winterforce) on my factory wheels. I have a like-new set of BFG A/T's needing a new home some summer. Prefer steel, factory look, in black. Help?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steel wheels are stupid cheap at the U-Pick yards here. $5 each as a matter of fact. May not find the CUCV style but finding the rally style with vents is very possible. Little black paint and you are down the road.

rsh4364

I recently had a tire store order wheels for my 1009 and when they went to install, they wouldnt clear my calipers, so ordered a diff. offset they say will fit..pre-fit before you purchase..

Tulsafireman

When I got my CUCV it didn't have a spare so I got the rally vent style at a local junk yard for $15 for a spare and a can of black crylon spray paint. Looks fine. Then I bought the black wagon wheel 16.5" from Summit Racing ($75/ea) and put the 37" BFG Baja HUMVEE take off tires in it after a 4" rough country lift. Should be able to find one at a local auto salvage if you dont mind the vented rally wheels.

rhinob

So in the interest of not having to rotate summer and winter tires through one set of steel wheels, I ordered a set of mat-black 15x8 alloys from Tirerack and so far I'm pretty happy with them. They came with new lugs and center caps. My wholesale price was $78/each and shipped for $40. The center of the wheel is oversized from the hub so that might be an issue if your CUCV is used in hard off-road conditions.

Blazer wheels.jpg

Here's the link to see them close up....

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...lse&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand