• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV 2 bumper and brush guard

884x4310ci

hey guys i am building a gmt 400 truck and i am trying to make it look like a cucv2.
and i was wondering if anybody could help me with the front bumper and brush garde build ? like any specs or pics would be helpfull.
thanks in advance guys .

NVRENUFF

They were so mass produced and eyeball put together that 100 of us could give you measurements and they'd all be different. They were just slapped together. Hahaha. As for strength, they're better than nothing but soft enough to pull and bend by hand. I'm sure there's some pulled off for sale around the US. Good luck!

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
They were so mass produced and eyeball put together that 100 of us could give you measurements and they'd all be different. They were just slapped together. Hahaha. As for strength, they're better than nothing but soft enough to pull and bend by hand. I'm sure there's some pulled off for sale around the US. Good luck!
I doubt you'd be able to find 100 CUCV II owners in the first place.

The CUCV II brush guard is completely different from a regular old CUCV brush guard. They are built similar but if I had to make one I wouldn't bother trying to modify a CUCV guard, I'd start from scratch. There are a few CUCV II owners on here that I'm sure will post some info shortly, I sold mine a couple years back so I can't help. From what I remember the bumper isn't too different from a civi bumper, maybe some extra reinforcement for the brush guard. Some of the CUCV IIs had the shackles going through the bumper like on the original CUCVs, but most had shackle mounts underneath the bumper with blackout marker lights on the brush guard.
IMG_0718.jpgIMG_0914.jpgDSCN0153.jpgDSCN0140.jpg
Also, I know you didn't ask about rear bumpers but the trend I've noticed with CUCV IIs is the Tahoes and crew cab trucks typically have a bumper based on the stock bumper while regular cab pickups typically have standard CUCV bumpers from the 80s.
IMG_0902.jpg

884x4310ci

Well it's the shackle mount I am wondering about the most as there has to be some anchor point to the frame?
They would not put then through the sheet metal bumper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks