• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV 24v to 12v How-To

mugwomp

Hey I now have a hole new issue I did the change to 12vt dropped the extra alt and all that. Put in the 12vt starter hooked up the batteries and the starter took off. the wire for the starter is hot. I pulled the wire all the way out of the harness all the way to the firewall I pulled the key switch out and unplugged it still have 12vt on the wire what the #%^&(*^$@@^& help

stevemcgee99

I don’t understand Roscommon option 3 steps 10-13.

Why keep both alternator wires together, moving them both from the 12v junction block to the new circuit breaker/fuse?

Shouldn’t the starting/stock alternator remaining be wired to 12v jb, and then the isolated 2nd alternator be alone wired to the new circuit breaker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevemcgee99

Also, the “brownish orange” fusible link - I’m color blind .., is it the darker of the two thinner wires on the smaller, left side post? Or the lighter of the two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks