• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV 2nd tank

3dubs

I want a second seperate fuel tank in my M1009. It looks like three fuel lines. I guess one is a vent. But I want the fuel return to return to the correct tank. What is the best way to make a dual tank setup preventing the fuel from the second tank from getting in the first tank.

ssdvc

This would be a nice to have, but I haven't seen a diesel blazer with a second tank. Do they make a set up for that?

3dubs

No they don't. That is the problem. I want to put a tank inside the truck for SVO or diesel oil mix. But don't want it returned to the tank. I want the original tank to only have normal pump diesel in it. I may have to put a separate switch for each line and when switching back to the main tank switch the fuel line and then wait and switch the return. I guess just electric actuated switches would be the simplest solution.

OL AG '89

Wouldn't advise putting ANY fuel container inside vehicle, unless it is a FUEL SAFE tank with bladder. As far as installing second tank, why? I would think if you were going to run diesel and then WMO and then diesel\oil mix you would be better off just picking a fuel and sticking with it.

fatstring

Hey 3dubs,
Not trying to be Capt. Obvious, but have you checked out the greasecar website, or any of the other companies that offer WVO kits? This isn't an endorsement or anything, but it seems like you could get a better guess how to do it by looking at what comes in their kits for the M1009. Like I said, no endorsement, just suggesting a source of info.

fatstring

3dubs

I want a second tank that has a pump to fill the tractor. Like the ones you see in the back of pick ups. But I would also like to use it on trips or for alternative fuels. But SVO and bio diesel have higher gel points. So I just want to keep them separate. I can get a tank made to go over the tire well and line it. Not only does it need a liner or bladder it also needs to be vented outside the vehicle.

But when I get under the truck I see three lines. The one that has a rubber section I guess is the fuel line. But of the other two which is the return?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks