• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV 3 truck?

Rich Johnson

Living in San Diego I see lots of MVs all the time on the road. We dont have CUCVs in the guard any more but the Navy has newer ones. I have seen several types of them and never have a chance to photo them. I have seen at least 4 different body type years other than my old 86 1008a1 driving around.

Some of these trucks have 4 door cabs, some have short beds or long beds assoicated with the cabs. SOme have shells on the beds, most dont. I am going to try to photo them and catalog them on my personal website some day.

The units that use them are usually CBs or the Special boat units. I have seen EOD have one but they usually have 1038s etc.

Here is a pic of a 2dr I saw today. What year is the body, does any body know?

Attachments

nf6x

Feral Engineer
My first reaction was "Hmm, needs more words...", but I googled the acronym and found this:

Light Service Support Vehicle (LSSV)

So, uh, thanks? ;)

P.S.: I like the looks of the front bumper on those trucks. It looks like it means business, and it reminds me of a full-custom bumper that a friend of mine welded up for his Land Rover out of quarter inch steel plate. His truck would probably lean forward if he hadn't also made another custom bumper for the back to balance it out. :D The front receiver looks like a handy feature.

Wile E. Coyote

Yup. LSSV. The Canadians use a version of it called MILCOTS which just stands for 'Military/ Commercial-Off-The-Shelf'. The Brits training up there in Suffield also use a version of it for OPFOR and general stuff and call it a 'TSV' for 'Training Support Vehicle'. Duramax diesel, expensive Allison auto trans, dual voltage 12/24, blackout lighting and different body styles as mentioned. I think the Canadian ones are all crew cab long beds, where the Brit ones are crew cab short beds.

The ones I've seen around the Log Ctr at FLW are always Navy like in Rich's picture and like he says, usually Seabees or SBU.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you type lssv in the search field, there are 37 threads about the trucks.

halftrack

I saw one for the first time at BIC (Blount Island Command) and took some close up shots. They are definitely not your average truck. It has all kinds of special packages on it. You definitely could not replicate one yourself. I will post the pics later today.

Rich Johnson

That duramax looks just like a lot of them I see around here in san diego.
Is that the year/body type that immediately follows the "cat eye" 2003 that I posted a pic of or is there a model in between them.
LSSV is a new term to me.
I have seen heard the generation 2 cucv, pretty much almost a civvy 90s truck, and. The 2003 I posted here that I would call a CUCV III. The newest ones I think are those duramaxes and i$m wondering if they are gen 4 or gen 5.
I can't wait to see some come out at drmo but its 2013 and still only CUCV1s being sold off.
We just had a whole parking lot of CUCVs taken about three years ago from the motor pool at a long beach armory.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks