• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV at the car show

M1008BOV

We went to a local car show this weekend that is a fundraiser for a children's charity. It's a wonderful place and a great show (asummerplace.org). I drove the car up and convinced my wife to drive the truck, it's only about 20 miles. Fixed my PS bolt that was backing out, some new belts, a bath and a little armor-all on the tires and it looks show room new, almost :D It was the only CUCV there, but got quite a few questions and comments, maybe more than the car! I wanted to get the troop seats and bows on it, but ran out of time and those darn things are heavy!

IMG_20150523_091005666_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150523_091021140_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150521_194544489.jpg

Last edited:

M1008BOV

No, cleaned it up and made the repairs the day before :hammer:

The red line is wire loom. It houses the wire for my temp sensor in the water pump and other wires along the way. Red is all I had on hand at the time.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are normally pretty popular at car shows because we let the kids get in the vehicles. NOT happening with most of your classic cars!

We did a charity event supporting the local chidrens shelter a couple of weeks ago. I took an M931 and my mule so they could compare.
Always good to support a worthy cause. :)

Cheers

Attachments

M1008BOV

Nice setup! I think I will drag the seats and bows out for the next one. I've considered using it to pull our Boy Scout Troop trailer in the parade and letting some of the boys ride in the troop seats. Have to put a hitch on the truck first.

cucvrus

I pictured that you had rigged a garden hose into the engine and were using it to flush the engine and run it to cool the engine while you had the fan disconnected. How was I supposed to know. That is why I ask. I knew you did not drive it there while the parts were missing I thought maybe you did a live show at the show on how to work on the CUCV. I know I have that show on live in my barn almost every night. Most of them are not reruns. And I have a lot of guest stars that get work done. It is basically G rated until things don't go well them it can become PG-13. Have a nice day.

M1008BOV

No worries, I was having a really hard time getting that thread to post correctly anyways so it's not what I originally started with. The HTML wasn't working along with any of the thread options.

avlon01

I have taken mine to a few local car shows. It's always a hit, mostly because I let kids climb in it to have their pictures taken. My biggest frustration are the people that think it's a painted Blazer. I really need a sign for it so people know that it's a legit military vehicle - something like the classic car guys use.

I did have one guy ask if the police know that I have it and I was OK being on "the list". :roll:

2015-04-27 12.40.52.jpg2015-05-18 18.04.18 HDR.jpg2015-05-23 17.34.50.jpg2015-05-06 23.31.48.jpg

rustystud

I have taken mine to a few local car shows. It's always a hit, mostly because I let kids climb in it to have their pictures taken. My biggest frustration are the people that think it's a painted Blazer. I really need a sign for it so people know that it's a legit military vehicle - something like the classic car guys use.

I did have one guy ask if the police know that I have it and I was OK being on "the list". :roll:

View attachment 562061View attachment 562062View attachment 562063View attachment 562064
Actually you are on a list. Whenever you buy anything from the Government you are on a list. I found this out last year.

avlon01

Actually you are on a list. Whenever you buy anything from the Government you are on a list. I found this out last year.
Eh. I own registered machine guns, registered suppressors, and registered destructive devices. The "owns a military vehicle" list is the one I worry LEAST about.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks