• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They aren't many left to be auctioned. At least not as many as in the past.

You may want to check www.govplanet.com as they now have the contract for selling all the rolling stock.

KsM715

If we knew we couldn't tell you anyways, not in a public forum ( it's in the rules, no discussing live or up coming auctions)

Looks like most Humms are in the 5k-7.5k starting range all over the country.
I plan to pick one up soon....
I have hired legal consul to know how to deal with some aspects of the aquisition and use this automobile.

ETA: However I unknowingly agreed to not talk about certian things here.

Last edited:

Terrh

I just hope someone figures out who to talk to to get them legal to export so I can bring one back to canuckistan. Until then, all I get to do is dream.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good grief, does every thread have to turn into a "how to register a HMMWV" thread?

People are fixing to start getting infraction points. We've warned and warned about this.

TexAndy

I don't like moderators sensoring what direction a thread takes. Especially when no posts are negative or derogatory. Freedom of speech is still legal, right?

Not a free speech issue any more than the "no politics or religion" sign above the bar.

I do think the moderation here can sometimes be more heavy-handed that it needs to be, tho.

As far as humvees go? I haven't researched it specifically, but I suspect it would be doable through an ITAR-paid licensed exporter. Consult one of them.

As far as cucv's go, I rarely see them surplused out by the Federal government, anymore. State agencies seem to release them in dribs and drabs.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
my point is the threat of infraction points. For a website I have paid to be a member of? What the **** is going on here? And I have never heard you "warn" me or anyone else Mr. Internet Police

If you do not like the way the site is moderated you are free to go somewhere else and start your own site. There is no free speech problem here as this site is run the way the owner of the site wants it run.

Most of the banning is not left up to the moderator, it is done automatically with each infraction or warning. Break a rule and it is up to moderator discretion whether you get a warning or a point. Start getting points and it will automatically lead to your being banned from the site when you reach a certain threshold in a certain amount of time.

If there is an egregious infraction it can lead to an immediate ban and in the last week at least three accounts were permanently banned.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't like moderators sensoring what direction a thread takes. Especially when no posts are negative or derogatory. Freedom of speech is still legal, right?
When people start talking about violating contracts and the law, then, yes moderators will start sensoring threads.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
my point is the threat of infraction points. For a website I have paid to be a member of? What the **** is going on here? And I have never heard you "warn" me or anyone else Mr. Internet Police
Think of it this way, you might pay to see a movie. But even movie theaters retain the right to refuse service and/or baring the individual from their property.

The website is a free website. The payment was just to add extra features to your account. There's nothing that said you had to.

As to the infraction thing. Most internet forums have this in place. Prior to this, this site pretty much ran with staff banning/moderating as they individually deemed necessary. And it's not like a single infraction will get you banned. Most of the time people get warnings, unless it's something blatantly wrong. Let's say someone new signed up and posted an auction link. They'd get a warning for it. Lets say two days later, they post another auction link. Well the next time they'd likely get an infraction for it. But even with 1 warning and 1 infraction, they still would not have anything affecting their account access. It's after 2 infractions that they'd get a day off from the site. After 3, a week. After 4, a month. After 5, they'd be banned. So it's a ramped effect so to speak. I realize people will have a "bad day" or simply forget or do something wrong. That's also why I set the infractions to expire after a year.

I know the infraction/moderation thing is unpopular. But step into our shoes. If there was no moderation here, the site would devolve into something negative. The infraction system is the only "police action" the owners/moderators of a staff can use fairly. By the way, I used to be a member of a motorcycle forum that "had no moderation". After a year of decline, the owner finally said there would be moderation. But at that point a lot of people simple left already. (Me included, it just became too nasty to visit)

As to the why of the rules. The no politics and religion (outside one forum here) rule is mainly because those two topics become the most bitterly debated topics on average. The owner simply thought it best to avoid the topic completely.

I hope this gives some insight/reasoning to things here. If you have any questions or would like me to outline something in more detail, just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks