• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV axle question

kennyw

Just for fun, I figured I would add that all solid front axles are, by design, full floating. This means that the axle shaft only transmits torque from the diff to the tire and does not support the weight of the vehicle at all.
Do you want to explain that one to Dodge engineers? They ran a unit hub Dana 44 (semi-float)... ;-)

Last edited:

Croatan_Kid

Nahh...they don't need me to explain it to them. The fact remains that the axle shaft still doesn't support the weight of the truck. ;-) It just goes through the wheel bearing/hub unit and its sole purpose is to drive the front tire(s), no weight is supported. In other words, you could still drive if you removed the axle shaft.

I'm not sure where the semi-float notation would come into play with that....:roll:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks