• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Brush guard attachment

cucvrus

After changing the nozzles and starting the M1009 it still has the same chatter on aceleration. I can live with it but it is a completely different sound then I used to hear from this engine for 12 years. I am not wooried about it unless the sound can create damage in the engine. I was told the timing may be advanced. But I have it line on line the same as the pump I removed. Anyone have any input? It runs fine but I am unsure of the different sound. Will it hurt anything. I may take it to a garage to have the timing checked.

cucvrus

Gotcha on that. Thanks. I took it to the diesel shop and the guy said it will be fine he moved the pump both ways and said just leave it lined up. It won't hurt anything. Well it runs well and has lots of power. I got the new pump from a surplus dealer a couple years back it could be for a 6.5. I don't know but with the pump and nozzles it runs excellent. Has lots of power and I may want to drag race another CUCV in the 1/4 mile if one ever shows up to race. I may face off with my son in the Mule when I get the new heads on that. I am still in the works with that. i must vacate one of my bays so I can pull the engine to do the heads and rear main seal. I will have to line them up and run one off. Should be a fair race.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks