• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV bumper on Civy pickup

TommyD11730

Hey Guys.
I'm picking up a 84 GMC K2500. It has a awful home made winch front bumper. If I wanted to install a CUCV bumper & Grill guard must I also aquire the brackets as well? If I recall there is at least one bracket specific to the D ring setup.
Any help would be welcomed.
Thanks!

AZDeuce

I just took the entire front bumper unit off of my M1009, and mounted it on my civilian 87 Suburban, yes, you need all the support brackets but it's a bolt on installation, no drilling required.

86m1028

The frame horn brackets are different but you can mount it with out the shackle extensions using the civi brackets.
Outer bumper brackets are the same.

TommyD11730

Yes sir, from the diagrams it looks like IF I grab those addational brackets it's a direct bolt in. Now I just have to somehow in my head make the dollars work (bumper/brackets) cost plus powder coat vs a replacement chrome bumper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks