• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV burning question re MILEAGE

rtidecucv

I purchased my first mil. vehicle (of hopefully many) , a 1984 M1009 on GL back in October from Ft Gordon. 5-6 Blazers auctioned from there and none had more than 20k on odometer. However, my dash is "see through" rotted , seats not torn, interior door panels in bad shape, yet basically rust-free truck with exception of "rust through" under the front seats. Also heavy wear where the door latches (close to ID plate). Was told by mech. that it "runs good". Any way to tell if mileage is true (14,200) miles? Or should I bank on 114,200 mi or more . Bill of Sale from GL stated 14 k as well. Just want some peace of mind. Thanks for any responses

Fleg

Look at the brake pedal. If it warn then you have 114K. But even if it is 114K you would most likely have a newer engine in her. Change your oil often as well as all of the filters and she should treat you right even IF she has 114K.

That's backwards. Look at the gas pedal, if it's worn then you have 114k. If the brake pedal is worn then you probably have 14k.