• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV cheap headlight, great result

Dodgeman1941

The Silverstars are great. The next lighting improvement we need to do is the LMC headlight harness up grade. I know we working the lighting system pretty hard because you can see a slight flick with the turn signals that gets worse when pulling a trailer.

CUCV85

Anybody have the part number for those silverstars?
HomeReplacement PartsLamps, Flashers, FusesHeadlight Bulb - Dual Beam › Sylvania SilverStar Halogen Sealed Beam

Hover over the image to zoom in

Sylvania SilverStar Halogen Sealed Beam

Part No. H6054 ST Warranty (With 2 headlamp system); Silverstar Single Pack

(5 reviews)
Read 5 Reviews

| View Customer Q&A

Be the first to write a review
| View Customer Q&A

$19.99
Quantity

Check Availability

Check a Store near you
QTY

(With 2 headlamp system); Silverstar Single Pack
Yes, this part fits your 1984 Chevrolet K5 Blazer. Change vehicle

Yes, this part fits your 1984 Chevrolet K5 Blazer. Change vehicle

Change vehicle

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/#fragment-4
The bright, white SilverStar bulb offers up to 35% brighter light, up to 30% more down-road visibility and up to 35% more side-road visibility.

Product Features:
  • <LI id=rrli213 type=disc>Legal for on-road use <LI id=rrli214 type=disc>Better than OE quality
  • Replace lights in pairs
Bulb Type:H6054Material:Glass bulbColor:CoatedDOT Approved:YesSAE Approved:Yes
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®
by PowerReviews

Sylvania SilverStar Sealed Beam Headlight

rjinga

I bought and installed a pair of Silverstars yesterday based on the glowing (pun not intended) recommendations in this thread. However, while the lights seems "whiter", they don't seem to project very far down the road.

Yes, I know you can adjust them. I fiddled with them last night (park on a dark straight road and have my son and I take turns standing in front of one light or the other), but I still wasn't happy with the results. Maybe I'm too used to my '02 Tundra's lights.

Also, I have the grill guard on my M1009. Has that been an issue with anyone else?

One way to brighten your lights and better power them is to use a relay for the high beams and another for the low beams. As issued all the wiring is routed to the light switch and all the fuses and other controls. Instead install two relays powered directly from the batteries or a fuse box, and short protected with self resetting relays. Use the existing headlight wires to control the relays. Works great, brighter yet lights. and your headlight switch will last longer. It is a great time to put in a floor mounted dimmer if you want one as well. Been running this set up in my m1009 for two plus years now, works great.

jimmy-90

One way to brighten your lights and better power them is to use a relay for the high beams and another for the low beams. As issued all the wiring is routed to the light switch and all the fuses and other controls. Instead install two relays powered directly from the batteries or a fuse box, and short protected with self resetting relays. Use the existing headlight wires to control the relays. Works great, brighter yet lights. and your headlight switch will last longer. It is a great time to put in a floor mounted dimmer if you want one as well. Been running this set up in my m1009 for two plus years now, works great.
Does that make the low beams stay on when you turn the high beams on?

japickar

I need to put these on my to-do list. Both my lights still work but even on high beam it seems like I am driving with a flashlight.