• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV COLOR

Elwenil

No specific use. You can't really say that because a vehicle is painted a odd color what it was used for. As was said before, it's up to the commander and it's hard to tell what need for the color he had in mind. White can be used in the extreme North, but I can't recall seeing any MVs painted white for that purpose. Perhaps one of the guys from Alaska could pop in and give some input.

tmbrwolf

White was authorized for winter in Alaska, usually painted with a "temporary" paint, (during the summer went back to camo). The TB and Army Reg were supposed to be followed for painting, was it? in most case's it was "close enough for government work" as I said earlier all M1008 / M1009 were three color NATO patern from GM, thats the way they were issued to us, most of the straight forest green that are seen now are a result of the black and earth brown fading away and not geting touched up the forest green is the base color, other authorized colors are defined in the TB (straight sand is actually not authorized) any other colors are an "exception to policy" and are authorized by the commander.

Michael

Any chance you could post the original jpgs somewhere? I would love to print off a copy of the brochure. Or you could email them to me and I could post them in my smugmug account.

N1265

This is the only Chevy CUCV I have seen in 4 color camo.... But it makes sence that they would do it in the early days of the project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks