• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV colors

Staffsargent

I am tring to insure my CUCV, but the Insurance Company is telling me that my CUCV is not the right color. I painted it CARC green. They are saying it should be camo. Does anybody have a picture of a CUCV that came out of GM with a cARC green paint job, so I can show my insurance company?

simpson

Just tell them you had it repainted, if they want to make an issue of the color. We are allowed to paint our vehicles any color we want. My CUCV is CARC desert-tan it was woodland factory and I plan on painting it CARC OD.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My insurance company refused to believe the VIN; they insisted the VIN I'd submitted to them was wrong. I finally had to send them a picture of the actual VIN tag I took through the windshield. When my agent retired and I was assigned to a new agent, I had to go through the whole process all over again.

cliffyp

Might be time to shop around for a new insurance company.

My insurance didn't have an option for camo so they said they were just going to put it down as green.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe now we have heard everything. I hope they don't start checking the following:
1.) stock tire size
2.) No lift kit
3.) Are rocker panels rusted
4.) Was driveshaft damaged by GL
5.) All shackles installed
6.) Spare tire mounted in back
7.) Do blackout lights work

Add your own items!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still 24 volt...

DH relay mod done...

GAA grease only...

No stereo...

Last edited:

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1.) stock tire size YES
2.) No lift kit NOPE
3.) Are rocker panels rusted NOPE
4.) Was driveshaft damaged by GL NOPE
5.) All shackles installed YES
6.) Spare tire mounted in back YES
7.) Do blackout lights work YES but through some weird electrical anomaly when I turn on the b/o lights my siren air horn goes off.
8.) Still 24 volt... YES
9.) GAA grease only... Uh, what now?
10.) No stereo... NOPE

;)

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grease, automotive and artillery

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use some finger paint to add the camo, take a picture and send it in and then wash off. They didn't say it had to be perminant. :wink:

simpson

My M1009 Blazer is titled as an CHEVY D10. Your insurance should be able to decode the vin and if its valid they can add any color to your paperwork you want them to. If they can't I'm with cliffyp I would get a new insurance company. Run a vin decoder search yourself, its free just search the net for one.

Ten bits

I had a similar problem. The insurance company would not recognize my M1028 as a D30, they kept insisting it was a K30. They inspected the truck in person, looked at the data plates and still insisted there could not be such a truck. I even had a copy of the VIN decoder to show them. Eventually things were sorted out. The problem was in the corporate office. This was strange as I am sure State Farm insures more than just my CUCV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks