• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV custom bumper

CUCV custom bumper COMPLETED pics on pg 4

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68/HarrisonTactical/jjbumper.jpgSo had been looking around for awhile for a good rugged 1/4" or better bumper for the m1009 and had not found anything for the right price or close enough that I was not going to pay 200 buck in freight. But mostly nothing exactly what I wanted.

So I contacted a guy here in southern california and we met up. Heres a picture of a bumper he completed on the fourth for another guy. Mine is next and similar. However he's making mine to fit the blackout lights and properly positioned holes to allow the use of the stock shackles and bars that protrude to secure them to the frame.

I specifically wanted this as when I'm jacking the truck with the hilift its so easy to put the bottom of the jaw on the bottom of the bar and have the shackle hang down and around the jaw to keep it secure and from stepping off.

Fully welded and with an even stronger brush guard at stock height also. picked up and delivered for 700 bucks.

Attachments

Last edited:
Awesome Bumper i defintely Feel sorry for the Prius Driver or the volt driver if they pull out in front of you.Though im curious as to why u didnt include the brush guard that came on these trucks to hard to weld or just going for a completely diffrent look No harm no foul Just making an Observation it really is an awesome looking bumper :driver:

ssdvc

Maybe he can give you the plans so a few others could make (or have made for them, for us less skilled folks) that beautiful hunk of steel ! A matching rear bumper would be awesome!

rickf

You are going to have to make some spring adjustments with that and the winch. Otherwise you will be wearing out bump stops and lumbar joints.:roll:

Rick

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool design! Looks like it can take a lot of abuse on the trail, can't wait to see the finished product with the winch mounted on your CUCV...

Awesome Bumper i defintely Feel sorry for the Prius Driver or the volt driver if they pull out in front of you.Though im curious as to why u didnt include the brush guard that came on these trucks to hard to weld or just going for a completely diffrent look No harm no foul Just making an Observation it really is an awesome looking bumper :driver:
Im ha having a brush uard fabbed up on mine

dont know how much it will weigh and I asked him to save the design. I figured a few guys here might be interested. If anyone ends up wanting one from him id be happy t recover it for you guys since im here in his neighborhood.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks