• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv dash paint

44CCKW

I want to repaint my dash and door panels on my M1009.Does anyone know where I can get the correct color paint for these?Everything I have seen is too red.

bbbang

LMC Truck on the internet also sells the spray on dye. I have used it on a number of interior pieces, and I have had very good luck with their product. Chris

HardCorps79

Unless you're dead set on using the burgundy color, quite a few guys on here have had good results using spray paint specifically made for vinyl/plastic. Some have mentioned the Krylon Fusion: Their camo paint colors all have the fusion technology. All of my plastic/vinyl looks terrible. I'm going to patch a crack in the dashpad and do it and the door panels in the Krylon fusion OD green (Darker than the CARC).

mutt1966

The color that you want is GM bronze thats the correct color, any automotive oaint store can mix it for you, While it looks burgandy its not GM never had a burgandy color for there interiors the closest would have been Dark Maple.

IRWFO

The color that you want is GM bronze thats the correct color, any automotive oaint store can mix it for you, While it looks burgandy its not GM never had a burgandy color for there interiors the closest would have been Dark Maple.
I have to wait till I get home to make sure but I think in '85 it was called burgandy. I have a Chevy sale flyer and it has the color listed.

HardCorps79

The original factory "option" list from GM is laminated and still stuck to the inside of my glovebox door. It lists the interior color as "bronze". It also shows other "options" such as "Single color paint- green", "Exterior- Camouflage", the "J-Code Emissions", etc.

IRWFO

The original factory "option" list from GM is laminated and still stuck to the inside of my glovebox door. It lists the interior color as "bronze". It also shows other "options" such as "Single color paint- green", "Exterior- Camouflage", the "J-Code Emissions", etc.
You are right. The tag in my Glove Box is the same. Now my sales brochure has it listed as Burgundy.