• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv exaust muffler

blzrgb

I've gotta put mufflers on one of my cucv's and was wondering what you guys are running. Don't want any exaust noise but would like something free flowing as possible. Any suggestion's ?? Thanks, GB.

Midnight Rider

I believe someone was running Cherry Bombs from NAPA. I think he posted up the exact product he was using.

I think I'll go that route, when I get some more funds.

bigburb11

I put cherrybombs on mine (longest 2.5" cherrybombs from autozone) with turndown tailpipes right after the muffler.

Mine's not loud. The engine makes more noise than the exhaust for sure.

I was expecting MUCH more "volume"... not much louder than stock on my truck.

AJMBLAZER

I put cherrybombs on mine (longest 2.5" cherrybombs from autozone) with turndown tailpipes right after the muffler.

Mine's not loud. The engine makes more noise than the exhaust for sure.

I was expecting MUCH more "volume"... not much louder than stock on my truck.
I've got two Maremont Cherry Bombs (the actual brand) on mine. I just replaced the factory mufflers with them, I have the part numbers for them. Should be a bolt on but mine involved some rusted on 20 yr old factory parts so it wasn't quite.
Anyway, not terribly loud or anything, just a nice tone. Bit of a bark when you step on it but that's it. Inside the cab of my M1008 you can't hear them at all over the engine rattle. Performance wise I noticed a slight "seat of the pants" increase in power.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/364830/2

My civilian '89 K5 Blazer has a 6.2L and some sort of turbo muffler setup. Looks like they just installed two generic turbo mufflers and slightly wider pipe from the muffler back. Sounds decent with a nice tone and roar when you step on it but doesn't drone or get insanely loud.
what about a set of some flowmaster 40 series ?
Not exactly free flowing. Freer flowing than stock mufflers? Sure. Loud? Yes. High flow? No.

Cucvnut

AMJ ..A flowmaster muffler is one of the most free flowing mufflers out there. it has no insulation which will burn out and cause problems later on in life on a turbo muffler. cherry bombs are loud and that's about it. where is your proof on a flowmaster being not high flowing.

AJMBLAZER

AMJ ..A flowmaster muffler is one of the most free flowing mufflers out there. it has no insulation which will burn out and cause problems later on in life on a turbo muffler. cherry bombs are loud and that's about it. where is your proof on a flowmaster being not high flowing.
Flowmasters are baffled and chambered meaning the air is routed through several different chambers (2 in the 40 series) and around a variety of baffles (I want to say two or three per chamber in the 40 series) so how can that be free flowing? It's not as bad as your typical OEM muffler, especially the old school ones CUCVs come with, but they're definitely not as free flowing as a straight through muffler.

Yes, if you manage to get a Cherry Bomb very hot it will burn out. However at $25 each you can buy three for every Flowmaster serving a similar purpose.

Personally if I was going to spend $80-100 I'd buy a Magnaflow or Borla muffler. Stainless steel, straight through, and quality built.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks