• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Fuse Block

southernsmoke

Hello SS's,

I'm sure that this question has probably already been asked and answered. However I need information. I was wondering how different or what is the difference between the M1009 fuse box and the civvie K5 fuse box? I took my 09 into an mechanic that specializes in electrical automotive repairs to get it checked, when all of the service lights went out. Prior to taking it to the mechanic I checked the battery, made sure the service light & B/O switch was in correct positions, Previously replaced all of the fuses & changed the service light switch. When I was changing the service light switch I discovered the B/O light wires were cut right at the switch. When I took the truck in the mechanics tested the fuse box and found it to emit intermittent power and that it look like the previous owner hooked up some things backwards possibly while trying to convert the 09 to 12v. The mechanic was able to get the service lights working, however I've lost the fuel gauge and other interior dash lighting. I would ultimately like to just return the truck to its original wiring and state mechanically, (Just something I would like to do this is my classic car & 1 of the vehicles i had fun in when i came into the service), just as it was when it was in service for the military. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance.

MarcusOReallyus

Ouch, that's ugly. It's hard to say if your shop is right or is just mistaken because they are expecting things to work the way they do on the civvy version. And with hacked wires, it's hard to advise you.

Since you want to go back to the original state, I think your best bet is to dig into the TMs, maybe print out the wiring diagrams for your shop. There are some errors in the TMs that have been corrected by board members, and those are available here on the board. I think you can find them in the "Helpful Threads" sticky.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I can tell the CUCV fuse box is wired differently than the civvy units. There are many things that share fuses. Did you know the headlight fuse feeds about 4-5 other fuses?

The best bet to go back stock is to buy a wiring harness from a parts truck. There are a few members that sell used CUCV parts. Cucvrus, Hawkman and HillbillyWizzard are a few that come to mind.

Since the trucks are very basic, it is an somewhat easy job to switchout harnesses. I sent a harness to Barrman a few years ago for his sons truck. The fire department cut the entire fusebox out.

I have seen a few new harnesses come up for sale at auction sites but I have not looked at the surplus vendors.

Last edited:

southernsmoke

Ouch, that's ugly. It's hard to say if your shop is right or is just mistaken because they are expecting things to work the way they do on the civvy version. And with hacked wires, it's hard to advise you.

Since you want to go back to the original state, I think your best bet is to dig into the TMs, maybe print out the wiring diagrams for your shop. There are some errors in the TMs that have been corrected by board members, and those are available here on the board. I think you can find them in the "Helpful Threads" sticky.

Yah it really is ug-ly...I did print out the wiring diagram and hand it to the mechanics before i dropped the 09 off to them...I'm needing more time to be able to work on my truck...with the holidays and such doesnt look like I'll be able to get to it till the New Year....Thanks for the help and the Sticky...I will dig around and see what I can find...Happy ThanksGiving...

southernsmoke

From what I can tell the CUCV fuse box is wired differently than the civvy units. There are many things that share fuses. Did you know the headlight fuse feeds about 4-5 other fuses?

The best bet to go back stock is to buy a wiring harness from a parts truck. There are a few members that sell used CUCV parts. Cucvrus, Hawkman and HillbillyWizzard are a few that come to mind.

Thanks for the Info Warthog...you guys have been really helpful...I recommended this site to another buddy of mine who just picked up an 09....
Since the trucks are very basic, it is an somewhat easy job to switchout harnesses. I sent a harness to Barrman a few years ago for his sons truck. The fire department cut the entire fusebox out.

I have seen a few new harnesses come up for sale at auction sites but I have not looked at the surplus vendors.

Thanks for the Info Warthog...you guys have been really helpful...I recommended this site to another buddy of mine who just picked up an 09....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks