• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Gen 1 light

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your idle could be low.

Your belt could be slipping.

Your regulator may need replacement.

You may have dirty connetions.

That'sa few off the top of my head.

If you havent rebuilt it in the last 5 years, I would.

trukhead

To the CUCV owners that have wondered why their gen 1 light may glow at idle, I have learned that when I installed 2 brand new batteries,( 31-4 northerns) the volt gauge went right to the mark in the green and I had absolutely no glow on the gen 1 light or the gen 2 light. I suspect a voltage difference between the 2 old batteries would trigger the gen light. Current will flow if there is a difference in voltage.
The diode in the harness prevents the back flow to eliminate some of the gen 2 light glowing. However the voltage of the first battery may be a bit higher at idle and causes the gen 1 light to glow. This is all guess work ascertained from the installation of batteries and continued observation of the CUCV wiring harness.

Last edited:

Gripy

both of my gen lights would be lit after starting the motor until I blip the throttle. I replaced my gen 2 (pass. alt) and now only gen 1 light stays lit until I blip it. Manual states that this may need to be done; so don't worry about it. I always wait for the oil pressure light to go off before blipping it and getting the truck into high idle.

MarcusOReallyus

Does anyone know why my Gen 1 light stays on until I press the gas petal
Gas petal? Does that look like one of these?

Gas petal.jpg

Cool! That's really pretty!

Mine looks more like one of these (kinda boring):

Gas pedal.jpg

Of course, mine is an ordinary pedal, so maybe that's why your's is much prettier.