• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv gen 2 light stays on when engine is running

brianc613

as the title says the gen 2 light comes on with the number 1 as it should before starting. but when you start it the gen 1 goes out like it should and the gen 2 light stays on bright and the volt guage stays in the yellow.

is it bad? all the fueses in the box are good where is the relay for the gen 2 located i can see it in the wiring diagram but cant find it on the truck.

jeeplvr247

Check the exciter wires on gen 2, that seems to cause alot of the problems. Gen problems are fairly common so you should be able to find a thread that describes problems similar to yours fairly easily.

brianc613

yea i searched and found a lot of similar posts before i posted but all the ones i read wound up being stuff i already checked. like the fuse or loose connectors or bad grounds and such i didnt test the exciter wire because my multimeter went dead and i don't have another battery at the moment but will later