• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV glow plug circut advice

Old Rusty m1008

OK I need help with the electrical system. Ive read the tms and the schematic and frankly it confuses me. I need help where to run the wire that probably has a short

I have the truck with a new glow plug card. I bought the truck there was a cut on the yellow line on the temp sensor on the manifold I replaced this with a new sensor and wire from advanced auto parts that corresponded to the NAPA number

My buddy checked the temp sensor and there is 10.5 volts to the sensor while truck is cold
there is no power to the glow plugs themselves but there is power to the card (12V) and there is power to the relay (12V) the wait light does not come on but my buddy jumped that with the card out and it does work if power is sent up there
the wiring looks ok and this truck did have other electrical issues we had to do the doghead mod to the starter and replace the starter and the one alternator, Once I get her running she is great its the start up th at creates the problem

chvss65

check that the relay is having power go through it,,, it may click and sound like its working and not actually suppling power to GPs
My truck was acting the same as yours, then I replaced the relay and it started right up in todays cold of 10

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
when you turn the key on, do you hear the relay click at all? does it cycle on and off at a regular interval? if you have 12volts to the card, and no cycling, it sounds like the card is faulty. However you should to be sure, double check grounds and connections in the card carrier (where it slides in the make sure its making connection)

you could as a short term, or emergency use only fix, is to tap into the light blue wire on the card carrier, to a momentary switch that when activated grounds that wire. This will provide a "manual" glow plug control, while preserving your automatic glow plug control integrity..

it will also allow you to rule out the glow plug system as a problem...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First question. Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?

You will need to test some things.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, we do require capitalization on this site.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first letter of the first word in a sentence needs to be capitalized. That's the world standard.

It's also one of our site rules.

The second, third and fourth replies did not follow this rule.

Last edited:

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first letter of the first word in a sentence needs to be capitalized. That's the world standard.

It's also one of our site rules.

The second, third and fourth replies did not follow this rule.
really?? There is no need for sarcasm or snarky response. Being dogmatic about grammar on an Internet forum is much like trying to sift sand in the desert.

your entitled to your pet peeves but focusing moderation resources as the grammar police is a waste of effort and adds nothing to the sites usefulness. It's nothing more than an over reach of control.

I misunderstood I assumed this was about military vehicles, not proper use of the English language.

feel free to block me because of my grammar, I'd be more than happy to stop participating for such an ignorant reason.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What you misunderstood was, this site has high standards.

This is not "The Internet", this is "SteelSoldiers".

Over the years our rules have developed for good reasons.

Too bad you won't follow them(and therefore will no longer be posting here).

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

feel free to block me because of my grammar, I'd be more than happy to stop participating for such an ignorant reason.

Wow. This is how far we've fallen.

Somebody scorns the use of proper grammar and punctuation, and those who object are ignorant?

Wow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks