• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Glow plugs - 12 v or 24v?

cpf240

...Even the gauges on your dash are 12v except for the voltage gauge...
Well, the voltage gauge is really only 12v, and uses a resistor on the back to drop it to 12v for the gauge, just like the way the glow plug system is setup. Why they didn't spec a true 24v gauge in the first place is a mystery.

MarcusOReallyus

Probably cost. If they had spec'd a different gauge it would have cost more than a $600 toilet seat, so they just went with a $300 resister instead.

*sigh* That's too true to be funny. I don't know whether to use a :mrgreen: or a :roll: or a aua or a :soapbox: at this point.

:(

camp9

Well, the voltage gauge is really only 12v, and uses a resistor on the back to drop it to 12v for the gauge, just like the way the glow plug system is setup. Why they didn't spec a true 24v gauge in the first place is a mystery.
OK, thanks for the correction. I had to replace the fuse once for it and it was putting out 24v so just figured it was.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks