• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV GlowPlugs

sporanox

I have had 4 GlowPlug wires catch on fire this summer. I do not know if it is short in the glowplug or an issue with the wire and possibly as mouse. What should I use to replace the glowplugs and wires? I am not sure if I want to patch the wire or install a new run. Is it part of the wiring harness? If so, how much would a new harness cost and where could I get one?

Many Thanks

cpf240

It is my understanding that the portion of the GP harness that connect to the individual GPs is made from fusible link wire. If it is burning up, there may be one or more GPs that are shorted to ground. Take a look at the TMs for the GP system diag procedure. A simple multimeter will tell you all you need to know about the health of the GP system.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The green portion of the GP wires are indeed fusible link wire. Over the years oil and dirt can do a number on it.

You could fix yours or like PP said buy another one.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been discussed many times. The latest plugs that work great are the AC60s. They do require that the GP wire terminal ends be replaced with 1/4" female ends or to grind the new plug terminals to fit the smaller stock ends.

If the plugs are swollen then the tool might be required.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks