• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV HELP

taylordc15

I am driving from CA to TN, made it to Albuquerque and the transmission and main seal are leaking, I have been unable to find a transmission shop that will work on it. The four I have asked so far say it is to complexed and wont work on it. Any one know of anywhere that will work on a M1009? Thanks

gunhog11

taylordc15 said:
I am driving from CA to TN, made it to Albuquerque and the transmission and main seal are leaking, I have been unable to find a transmission shop that will work on it. The four I have asked so far say it is to complexed and wont work on it. Any one know of anywhere that will work on a M1009? Thanks
Too complex? What kind of candyass transmission shops did you go to? Its a run of the mill TH400 for pete's sake! Any local AAmco / Cottmans/ etc should be able to work on it. It's not rocket science.

Jetnoise400

RE: Re: CUCV HELP

Maybe give this outfit a look: http://www.nationwidetransmissions.com/ (Phone: (505)341-9113)

I checked them out on google and they seem to get good ratings from customers, and I'd be really surprised if they couldn't handle it. Maybe just tell them it's a K5 Blazer with a TH400 tranny and a 6.2 diesel engine. Once they see it, they should recognize it for what it is anyhow. And their website says they give military discounts too.

Sorry that you're having troubles. Wish I could do more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks