• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Ignition Key Replacement

dalepskc

Hey guys! Need some help - I've lost the ignition key to my 1986 CUCV. I tried the 73Y2 key code. It worked for my door but not the ignition. Any ideas/suggestions?

Barrman

So do you want to only have a single key or keep the double key thing? Pulling the lock cylinder from the column is easy but does require a few special tools that your local auto parts store will probably rent or loan.

Pull the cylinder and put in a stock keyed one and you are set. Or, pull the cylinder and take it to a lock smith to get a new key made.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks