• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II 2000 Crew Cab

Stonepicker1

2000 CUCV-II Crew Cab, 4x4 with front winch.

Time to let everyone know that I was the high bidder on the CUCV-II at Barstow, CA.
Winning bid: $12,501.00 + $1,250.00(buyer's premium) + $1,203.22(CA sales taxe) = Total $14,954.32.:roll:

I didn't preview because it was 3000 mile from home, a SS member that did do a preview, said it has some rust problems.
Did I pay more than I wanted? yes. I stopped bidding at $9500, But the wife likes the look of the crew cab, so she made me bid more(my story and sticking too it)
I know their may be problems with the truck, but as you can see in my South Florida Rebuild of my CUCV-II Base Cab, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty or spend some $$$ to do the job right.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/6...-rebuild.html?highlight=cucv-II+south+florida

I have another SS member willing to pickup and store the truck until I can make the 3000 mile road trip.[thumbzup]
I'll be posting more pictures when I start the road trip.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now if the new owner of the Ebay M108 will admit it, all will be well on Steel Soldiers. hehehe

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SP,
Why am I not surprised you bought that puppy?

Sweet looking rig. And NO, that's NOT to much for basically an eleven year old, low miles CREW CAB 4x4 DIESEL CUCV II. How much did it show the gov paid for it?

And like you said, YOU have the stones to get this one right.

Glad to see you got one the WIFE likes also. The family the MV's together, STAYS together.

Iceman3005

HAZ-MAT placards.................topper......................no wonder it went for so much, everyone that it came with a bed full of fuel!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats. Sometimes you just have to blow the budget. Been there. Looking forward to the story to come.

Milbikes

That is a really rare truck that ought to be restored as original, so it is a good thing you got it. And, chances are REALLY good that there won't be another one at any military vehicle meet you go to!

rnd-motorsports

Nice score and a winch also! the pics do not show much in rust. Let us know how bad it really is. will make a nice truck ,I always thought a crew cab would be the best of both M1028/M1009 :beer:

ryan77

Im curious to see if all that stuff that other guy said was true i hope not, Looks like a awesome truck im jealous. I want it!!!!! How many cuv|| trucks were made???

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alot of that reminds me of a vehicle that had the windows down for a extended amount of time. I say no worries, Phil is certainly the right person with the right resources to bring this one back. I did get to inspect his other CUCV II the other day. It's wicked cool, cruises econoically at 70 and has A/C and tunes. Whats not to like? Only thing missing is a back seat and he's taking care of that right now! Woohoo.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A 2000??

Guess the 4 door long beds took a couple years to catch up with the 1999 body style change.
It's only a 2500! I would have guessed they would have been 3500's.

Neither of the above items reduce the cool factor though :drool:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is it with all of us?

I mean, really? I too drooled all over my keyboard when I first saw that one!!!

We must ALL NEED HELP.

or may be what we all need IS MORE FREAKIN MONEY to snap up all the good stuff starting to come out. there are not that many of us so there should be plenty to go around, eh?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks