• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv III / LSSV loaded and on the way home

roadkill150

I realize posts are useless without pictures, so hopefully tomorrow i'll be able to start. I just purchased a CUCV III/LSSV from Barstow. The trucking company that i am using just picked it up and it's on its way up to northern California as of now. Unfortunately the trucks batteries were dead per my shipper and they wouldn't let him jump the truck. So it ended up getting loaded with the dreaded forklift :evil:. My shipper stated he oversaw it though and that the forklift lifted it by the frame rails only with no contact with driveline/driveshafts/body or anything else. I guess we will see when it arrives.. the whole forklift thing bothers the **** out of me i guess with all the horror stories i have heard in the past. Anyways, I think i'll be bringing a wrecker or a trailer to my meet point with him tomorrow morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

roadkill150

I love it when i reply to myself.. I am not going to mess with driving it home, I guess that is what my AAA card is for. Hopefully this time tomorrow it will be sitting in the driveway! I'll be riding over with the tow and get some good shots of it upon pickup.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Waiting to hear the results.

Make sure you download all the LSSV manuals from GM before they disappear like the CUCV-II manuals did.

http://www.gmfleet.com/lssv-lmp-manuals.html

They are not the same format as the CUCV manuals and take a little time to get used to them, but they have most of the info on the military additions.

You will want to but a set of factory manuals for the rest of the truck. Fleabay usually has some sets.

Last edited:

roadkill150

Its here!

We loaded up and got the tow truck out at 6 am this morning. We met our transporter in Redding at around 8 am. The truck is definitely cool! We went to see if i could jump it to get it off of the trailer and i found that someone had loosened all the battery terminals. I tightened up the terminals, hooked a jumper to it and the truck fired right up with a half tank of fuel. All major drive components seem intact, though i will need to change out one of the from CV joints as the boot was torn. Overall mechanically the truck seems in great shape, and everything worked like it should. Cosmetically, i am going to have to do a bit of work, but nothing major at all. The front bumper is tweaked on one side it looks like they caught it on something at some point. I found some paperwork inside the truck and it looks like it was kept at March AFB, so a nice So-Cal desert rig with no rust. It's definitely been sitting awhile judging at the rust on the discs. The A/C is nice and cold on it which is a bonus as well! Anyways, more info later, I have to get to a wedding, I'd much rather sit at home and play with the new rig! 1 picture for now, with many more to follow.

truck1.jpg:naner:

ryan77

That is one sweet truck!!!! I have the civi version of that truck! You will love it! The Duramax is powerful and quiet! That truck can smoke the tires from a stand still!

roadkill150

Re: Cucv III loaded and on the way home

So I got home late last night and had to work today, so just a few more pictures for now. I've got a few dents to knock out. It is wired for both front and back winches. I'm going to have to see if I can find canvas seat covers for the driver seat and touchup paint options.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That body style is my favorite. The raised hood. Straight headlights. Nice

M1075

Cucv III loaded and on the way home

You are gonna love that truck. I really thought about buying it and thought it was a good buy @ $15k. I'm glad it went to someone on SS though! I just got some mud on mine for the fist time this weekend! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367803994.106326.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks