• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV III or LSSV?

roadkill150

Just looking for input, are the terms synonymous? I find on later trucks that they are marked lssv, my 2002 data plate says cucv III but the manual in the glovebox states LSSV. The other thing i was wondering about is the gvwr on the door sticker is different from the data plate that is installed by the military.. which is the correct one? :???:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The III and LSSV are interchangeable. I would use the factory ratings unless the military ratings are higher. I'll have to check the manuals but I don't think the suspension was upgraded on the LSSVs

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reading thru the 2002 LSSV Owners Manual, Parts Manual and Service Manual, the only item upgraded on the suspension is the shocks. So I would use the factory numbers for the weight limits.

What are the numbers? Pictures of the tags?

Also just an FYI, the paint on the LSSVs is not CARC. It is a PPG Aerospace coating, type CA 8211

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your data plate is for a 3/4ton Suburban. Must have been a left over. I would use the 9200lb GVWR. It is on the factory sticker and also in the Operators Manual.

Looking up the VIN at compnine.com show the VIN correct and lists all the RPO codes. Want a copy?

Last edited:

roadkill150

Your data plate is for a 3/4ton Suburban. Must have been a left over. I would use the 9200lb GVWR. It is on the factory sticker and also in the Operators Manual.

Looking up the VIN at compnine.com show the VIN correct and lists all the RPO codes. Want a copy?
Sure!.. shoot me a copy please.
I noticed that the us property data plate had the wrong rig on it, i figured they used one plate for mutiple vehicles.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks