• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv iii

XanRa

i was just curious if anybody on here has seen any newer cucvs, cucviii, cucvii even i've only seen one, just curious to see what i could find

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

91W350

Not sure if this is one, but a couple of air boys came into Salina in it, windows rolled up, air conditioning running. It was over 100 degrees outside. I followed them several miles. I parked my M1008 next to it and managed to grab these cell photos. I apologize for their quality. They swapped drivers downtown, which I thought was odd and motored away. Glen

Attachments

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if this is one, but a couple of air boys came into Salina in it, windows rolled up, air conditioning running. It was over 100 degrees outside. I followed them several miles. I parked my M1008 next to it and managed to grab these cell photos. I apologize for their quality. They swapped drivers downtown, which I thought was odd and motored away. Glen

it's a cucv 2 blazer model :) i want one so freaking bad !!!!!

Tanner

Nope - GM hasn't produced that body style for years... not a current model.

'Tanner'

Westech

CPL
that is a 1991 to 1999 body. GM has made cucvIII, there were a bunch of ambulances that were auctioned off on ebay and other sites a couple years ago. The Air force was the major buyer of CUCVIII's.

Attachments

Last edited:

xenocath

searching.............
i am not positive but i think the latest cucv types are dodges, my wife almost got run over by one near fort eustis she said it was od green had huge brush guard wrapped around the front of it and it was the meanest looking truck she has seen

combatmech

She might have seen a LSSV....The EOD and other SPECWAR folks in the Norfolk area have them and they look bad ass. All kinds of tricked out. I saw a tricked out 4 door Tahoe about a year ago rolling out the front gate of Little Creek. Flat black, serious brush guard, tinted windows sporting government plates.
There was a dealership in Dallas that had a CUCV2 last year that sold for 8 grand....I was interested but was having problems with "The Pit" at the time. I'm happy with what I have.....The creature comforts of the newer CUCV's and Civi Blazer are nice....it's just cool that we can make theses vehicles to our own spec's.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
it's a cucv 2 blazer model :) i want one so freaking bad !!!!!
A CUCV 2 Blazer sold on GL last month for $4300. They are 5.7LVortex instead of Diesels. Here are the pics. It had a few issues. Paint, hood, door

Only one I have seen on GL in the last two years. I have seen a couple of CUCV2 pickups.

Attachments

Last edited:

WOLFMAN1

i'd rather have the older cucv blazer models most mv owners have. i used them in service and loved them. the newer one just don't look right. they might be more comfy but does it actually make it more dependable. heck scratch a new one and probly freak out scratch and older one and don't feel as bad. i'm actually looking for a decent one. plus all the newer ones probly have sensors. i hate sensors.

scrambled

I saw one of the LSSV ambulances in Kennesaw yesterday at the military vehicle show. Very cool looking, but I like the CUCV style better. Olive drab on a newer model truck looks wierd.

Travis

91W350

I was drooling today! This thing rolled through my beat and I followed until they stopped, hoping they would stop before they left town! It has a Duramax diesel, automatic, a/c, radio, lots of attachment options, nice comfortable seats with armrests. I really like the front bumper and grill guard. I would love to get my mitts on this thing! It had built in front and rear receiver hitches! Glen

Attachments

Westech

CPL
the tail gate handle looks about right for a chevy..
( I not a chevy hater just know there crap like the one on my truck. Dont start piss on Ford/Chevy stuff you hillbillys)

lavarok

I saw one of the LSSV ambulances in Kennesaw yesterday at the military vehicle show. Very cool looking, but I like the CUCV style better. Olive drab on a newer model truck looks wierd.

Travis
You might have seen this one, I found it parked off 141 in Roswell.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks