• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV in the movies

minimalist

Since I got my 1009 a few years ago I've been looking for them in the movies. So far all I have seen is are a couple second flashes of them in "Clear and present danger" and "Outbreak". Any others?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recently rewatched The Presidio. There are a ton of M1009s, M1008s, Deuces, M809 series and even a M939 series truck.

The movie was released in 1988 so it was pretty cool watching all the new trucks driving around. The movie wasn't half bad either.

Hummermark

There are 2 in cucv in the series strange but true with Michael aspel espiode 1.8 it was about the USAF staff at raf Woodbridge that saw a UFO in rendlesham forest I know this since 1 of the cucvs was mine filmed over 2 nights.

Cucvnut

Recently rewatched The Presidio. There are a ton of M1009s, M1008s, Deuces, M809 series and even a M939 series truck.

The movie was released in 1988 so it was pretty cool watching all the new trucks driving around. The movie wasn't half bad either.
I
just watched that movie.

K9Vic

<--- Does a CUCV clone Suburban count? (That is if they do not cut it's scene, Daylight's End - fall 2104)

I think I recall a M1031 in the A-Team movie.
I also think the new Godzilla had a CUCV seen in it.

Skinny

I just saw The Rover which had a RHD M998 HMMWV because it takes place in Australia. The movie was absolutely terrible but this was the only redeeming quality.

The movie also had a Chevy based crew cab pickup which is a Holden branded Colorado. A rather interesting part was that it had what appeared to be a larger 6 lug wheel pattern, a front hub that looked like serviceable wheel bearings where inside (no lockout), and a removable 3rd member rearend. I want to know what parts line GM is using on that product because the US version has nothing close to that...go figure!

***The Holden appears to be an Isuzu chassis truck so that explains the uncoventional GM drivetrain along with an optional 2.8L Duramax engine, thanks GM!!!***

Last edited: