• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Injector Pump Problems

Horsepowerparts

Hi to all.
I´m new at this Forum.
Take often a look but not registered before.

First something about me.
I´m from Germany, so sorry for my bad english :D.
I have over 15 Years a Workshop for US Trucks and Cars.
Over 10 Years I import and restore US Army CUCV Models.
Think 20 each year.

Think I have enough know-how but now we have a crazy problem.
We change gaskets on leaking Injector pumps.
Built them into the engine but they will not start.
Fuel comes to the IP but nothing goes out.
Solenoid working.
The pumps run before we change the gaskets.

This problem we have at 3 Pumps on 2 M1009.
I do not understand this.
Pump run.
Change Gaskets
Does not run.

We do not know that we have make a mistake.
All other pumps that we fixed before run good.

Does anyone have an Idea?

Thanks
Steve

cucvrus

Gaskets on pump. I take it as you have changed the throttle shaft O rings???. If so did you get the spring back in place correctly when you removed the throttle shaft and replaced the top cover?

Mg84648

I've experienced this same problem. With pumps that have sat unused for a period of time, it is not uncommon for the plungers to stick inside the pump. They are not damaged but the pump needs to be disassembled and the plunger freed. Your symptoms will be fuel to the pump and back through the return line and the solenoid will operate normally but little to no fuel to the injectors. Sorry for the bad news.
DB2 pump.jpg

Hal O'Peridol

Wo wohnen Sie den in Deutschland? Ich war fuer fuenf Jahre in DDeutschland stationiert. Den ersten mahl in Augsburg, und den zwoten mal in Goeppingen. Herzliche Willcommen zum Forum!

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wo wohnen Sie den in Deutschland? Ich war fuer fuenf Jahre in DDeutschland stationiert. Den ersten mahl in Augsburg, und den zwoten mal in Goeppingen. Herzliche Willcommen zum Forum!
I would have loved to be in Germany for 5 years.

Headed there this coming spring.

Hal O'Peridol

I would have loved to be in Germany for 5 years.

Headed there this coming spring.
It was great. I went to DLI (Defense Language Institute) to learn German as a Voice Intercept Operator and then was stationed there twice. Good beer, good looking women and good times! Put many miles on CUCVs, Dueces and Tracks driving throughout Germany.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks