• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-Instrument Cluster Decoded

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it possible to solder a connection on the printed circuit board where maybe it has worn or rubbed through and rusted out. My Gen 1 light comes on and My Gen 2 does not. Upon inspection, the printed circuit board had rubbed through and the copper conduit was rusted and/ or missing. Seems like some solder there would do the trick. Everything else works good after a brass brush, diaelectric grease, and bending the connectors out on each light socket.

Checkout my solution to the problem.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/electrical/43351-cucv-instrument-cluster-repair.html

DDT

cluster

curious I have a few gauges that were not original to the car/cluster. Can I pop them into a port and rewire them independant of the harness on the cluster, Voltage, oil psi, coolant temp etc. I have gen 1 and 2, seat belt, wait, and a low coolant. Just curious I have a spare cluster and may be the next project...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks