• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-Instrument Cluster Decoded

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it possible to solder a connection on the printed circuit board where maybe it has worn or rubbed through and rusted out. My Gen 1 light comes on and My Gen 2 does not. Upon inspection, the printed circuit board had rubbed through and the copper conduit was rusted and/ or missing. Seems like some solder there would do the trick. Everything else works good after a brass brush, diaelectric grease, and bending the connectors out on each light socket.

Checkout my solution to the problem.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/electrical/43351-cucv-instrument-cluster-repair.html

DDT

cluster

curious I have a few gauges that were not original to the car/cluster. Can I pop them into a port and rewire them independant of the harness on the cluster, Voltage, oil psi, coolant temp etc. I have gen 1 and 2, seat belt, wait, and a low coolant. Just curious I have a spare cluster and may be the next project...