• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Instrument Cluster Repair

3cavtanker

I was under the impression that the CUCV uses the same interior lights and gage cluster as a similar year Civilian Chevy Truck. Wouldn't it be much simpler to check junkyards for some of those parts?

skuhler

I've got a couple places in my circuit path that have shorted out, I've repaired them with the same kit that you use to fix those electric defrosters on windows, but it's happened again in a different place. Do you know where to get that replacement circuit pad? I've considered going to the junkyards, where I got a replacement dash pad and stuff, but the electronics on the junkers with be 20+ years old also.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are willing to be a guinei pig and want to spend $80, the circuit board from LMC may be a replacement. Looking at the pictures in the catalog it appears it is the same. I just have never needed/wanted to spend the cash.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/csb/full.aspx?Page=118

item #38-8036

Hawkman or HillbillyWizard may have some used ones.

Last edited:

85CUCVtom

If you are willing to be a guinei pig and want to spend $70, the circuit board from LMC may be a replacement. Looking at the pictures in the catalog it appears it is the same. I just have never needed/wanted to spend the cash.

Hawkman or HillbillyWizard may have some used ones.
I have the catalog in front of me, are you talking about the 38-8036? For models without guages?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes,I added the part number to my earlier post. The one DH posted is $10 cheaper. Looks like the aftermarket guys are helping us out finally.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LMC

Part # 38-8036 PRINTED CIRCUIT $79.95 Each

usmcpatriot

Ended up repairing the cluster with a piece of copper wire.

I had some small diameter wire and used a hammer to flatten it. After trimming it to size,I used a 25w soldering iron and tinned the two peices together.

To hold the "new" piece in place I used some superglue.

I also had to restore a couple of light sockets. I heated the plastic up with a heat gun and reformed the plasitc. Then I smoothed it with a file.

Sorry for the picture quality. It was late.
Can you take a picture of the whole CB to compare thxs

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully this will help you.

Attachments

usmcpatriot

I meant where did you get the pretty looking circuit board thx
Oh, off your truck. I'm trying to get one, I got copper tape, glue and will try to mend one or two disconnects. Hillbilly has used boards but as a, CB, lens, I think the whole cluster for $425.00 somewhat steep for me but might have to....thxs

ALTOcal

Hello, I’m trying to replace the backing plate for the instrument panel…and no one seems to carry a backing plate WITHOUT gauges. We only have idiot lights for 4WD, Oil pressure warning, and Gen 1 and Gen 2 lights. I can find the PCB for “WITHOUT GAUGES” but not that green backing plate. Mine has tabs broken off, and maybe I should just accept it’s held in pretty well…but my shift indicator just isn’t going to work (the pivot/pulley point is snapped)

I purchase LMC part 38-8100…and it’s got 1 of the idiot lights but the other three are for gauges.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks