• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

acett

Insurance

M1008, Central insurance is the carrier.

You have to take into consideration I have three other cars and my home insured with them. I'm an old fart, but not so old they are worried about me being able to drive. Great credit score, driving forever, no accidents, been with them 10 years, live in a small town, etc. That's about as cheap as it gets.

I'm sure they realize if you have one driver and 4 cars, the risk per vehicle drops accordingly.

Warren Lovell

Welcome to J.C. Taylor

Unless your vehicle is a daily driver, get J.C. Taylor or some other collector car insurance. They give you the liability proof card needed (at least in Ca) and there is no appraisal needed (unless your CUCV is worth over $30,000 then you need an apraisal)

I agree that my vehicle(s) will be used mainly in exhibitions, club activities, parades and other functions of public interest and will not be used primarily for the transportation of passengers or goods.

acett

The problem with a classic car policy, is if you are hauling something or towing a trailer and get into a accident, they might deny coverage. I've got sports cars with classic carriers, but I do use this truck as a truck once in a while. Anyone have any experience with a claim on a classic policy while being used as a truck? Say something fell out or a trailer let loose? I had a trailer fall apart while being towed, not so good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks