• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv keeps blowing fuse

jaako40

I have a issues with my ignition fuse on my 85 1028. It has started blowing the fuse when waiting for the wait light to turn off. The seatbelt buzzer gets quieter just before it blows. It usually takes 4-6 seconds to blow. This is sometimes long enough to start truck but not always. I have cleaned all the connections at the GP solenoid and the grounds at the passenger side head. Truck has a st85 relay that is at least 5 years old. I run a card and all 24 volt systems in tact. I did disconnect the glow plug wires off the bottom stud and turned key forward and still had fuse blow it lasted longer before blowing 8–10 seconds. Truck starts great when fuse doesn’t blow allowing glow plugs to operate properly. If truck is warmed up I can turn key forward and fuse does not blow. Seatbelt buzzer will work for 3 seconds sometimes and normal amount others. Do you think my seatbelt buzzer when combined with glow plugs could cause blown fuse. Do you think GP relay could be bad. Truck runs great and is a daily. Batteries are strong and glow plugs are newer gm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks