• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV key

flyjustfly

Hi, can someone post a couple pics of each side of what the Goverment key to these vehicles looks like? I had the Chevy dealer cut a key from a code that I got off of SS but when I told him it was the round key, he said there were several different round keys with different groove alignments. I go to pick up my M1008 next week and the auction says it has no key. I'm going to trailer it but want to make sure I have a key to unlock steering and put it in neutral or even drive it on the trailer if possble. This will be the first time i'm buying from a Goverment auction so I don't really know what to expect.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the CUCV FAQ sticky:

"The key blank required for the CUCV is called a "B" blank. The code used to copy the key is 73Y2. Same key for doors and ignition."

You can find alot of info in the stickies

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Specifically it's the B49 blank. If your efforts at the dealer fail, I can mail you one from S Florida.

Jasonbud

I know I'm pulling this thread out of the past but i need a Cucv key. My M1008 is parked in the middle of the yard and the keys are missing. Local key cutter wants 40 bucks. I know he there is a betterway to do this.

sandcobra164

Send me a message with your address and I'll send you a key that will work as long as it has the original ignition and door locks. I counted, I've got 5 keys and 1 CUCV. I can spare one. I searched myself to see if one was available via e-pay and whatnot and came up with blanks. e-pay last sold such a key in 2015. CUCV's are old trucks now and it doesn't look like anyone is sitting on a bag of keys for them. I'd ask you to go the Chevrolet dealership nearest to you route with the key codes provided earlier in the thread but I think you'd be met with a big HaHa!

Jasonbud

That's what I'm talking about. Thank You. I will be sure to "pay it forward". I just picked up my m1008 with 40k for 4 grand. No rust and a flatbed from the Missouri National Guard. Going to be my camper truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks