• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv key

ryan77

I have the code the locksmith wants $50.00 bucks if i had a key i could get it cut at ace for 2 bucks so i was hopping some one could sell me one or mail me one and i can mail it back after i have it copied.

The Janiter

One key fits all - so my GL rep says - try some one that has one and there key may fit,

get a copy and then change your locks at a local lock shop so it is not the same as every ones

It will cost about $8. per lock if you take them out yourself.

Sounds like you need another locksmith

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the code the locksmith wants $50.00 bucks if i had a key i could get it cut at ace for 2 bucks so i was hopping some one could sell me one or mail me one and i can mail it back after i have it copied.
If someone is charging you $50 to cut a key from a code you need a different locksmith. Mine charges $3 for cutting one from a key or $10 from code.

ralbelt

I would send you one for free but I'm leaving for FL in the AM and have turned in all my vehicle keys, be patient and I'm sure another cucv owner will chime in soon. I usually ask that you donate an extra 1$ next time you donate.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any GM dealer should be able to cut you a key. It is a "B" key and the code is 73Y2. Shouldn't cost you more than $5 or $10.

ctmustang

Just change the key cylinder in the column-it can be done in about 10 minutes. then take the lock cylinders out of your doors and take them to any reputable lock smith and have them retumbled. I do the key cylinder in the column myself and the others at the locksmith. He charges $8 a lock including a new key that will fit all.
CT

cpf240

Rather then start another "I need a key" thread, I'll just add onto this one.

I'll be, I hope, picking up an M1009 next week. We are planning on driving it home. The auction listing says it has a key, but I've read too many posts about things not being where they are supposed to be when you get to the lot, so I'd like a spare just to be safe.

I do have the key code from the FAQ, and I am going to be changing all the locks, just not on the GL lot.

The local locksmiths I called want way too much money. I was quoted from $125 to $150! :cookoo: Come on, it's just a hunk of metal, no chips or anything inside there! "Sorry, that is our minimum charge and then we'll add the cost of the key based on the vehicle." Did I pick up the gold-plated phone book or something?

The dealer will only charge $8, but they don't have any blanks in stock, which I find a bit surprising.

So... "Hey buddy, can you spare a key?" :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks